VON ARDENNE provides thermal barrier coating solutions based on electron beam evaporation technology for hot section components of modern aero engines. These solutions comprise equipment, key technology components and application technology.
The TUBA is a EB-PVD turbine blade coating system with a modular design. It is ideally suited for high-volume production or the refurbishment of components for aero engines and stationary gas turbines. The TUBA can be configured with one or two substrate handling systems.
The system is equipped with industry-leading VON ARDENNE electron beam technology, an innovative parts handling concept, advanced heating equipment and state-of-the-art evaporator technology. Beyond that, it features an advanced maintenance concept.
As a leading provider of industry-proven vacuum deposition equipment for large-area coatings, VON ARDENNE has incorporated its broad knowledge and expertise in EB-PVD technologies into this platform.
- High-volume production tool
- Multi-chamber design Substrate handling by novel, robust substrate feeder concept with on-board drives, providing fully programmable rotation and tilting of the components during coating
- Thermal radiation heating in fully insulated heater structure – rapid heating at excellent uniformity of up to 1100 °C
- High-rate EB evaporation of TBC layers from ceramic ingots
- Industry-leading VON ARDENNE electron beam equipment
- Superior maintenance concept